What is Alateen?
Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Alateen is a place where members come together to:
- Share experiences, strength, and hope with each other to find effective ways to cope with problems
- Discuss difficulties and encourage one another
- Help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program through the use of the Twelve Steps and Alateen’s Twelve Traditions
Alateen is not a place:
- For teenagers seeking help for drinking or drug problems or a therapy program
- To complain about parents or anyone else
- A social hangout
Interested in becoming an Alateen sponsor?
- Click here to contact us.